Most of you here are new to CrossFit and I am very proud to have had you join to begin your journey to true fitness. I for one know the challenges of each WOD and usually take the attitude of the Navy Seals slogan at BUD's that says,"the only easy day was yesterday." My colleagues and I have had many different stages of trail and error in achieving where we are today. CrossFit changed my life four years ago and I believe it will soon change those of you who want to live a healthy fit life for the years to come.

What is Rx? CrossFit has a formula that translates into a prescription dosage for fitness. It deals with recommend weights, reps, time, box heights, etc. It basically sums up what 'you' should be doing at any WOD. Most of us cannot start out "Rx'd." We have to slowly work our way to a level that builds confidence in our abilities so we are not afraid. With CrossFit there is always the fear of the "unknown". It is that little voice that creeps up on us during the WOD and tells us its time to quit. The correct answer you should all be telling that voice is "yes I can!" 

My job as your coach is to NOT let you quit. If I do, that sets the stage that it's "ok" for future days when things get really tough. That means if we have to gut it out one rep at a time, that's what we do. As beginners you do not need to concern yourself with beating other peoples times and weights. As fellow students for those who do well, your job is to stay and encourage those who do not. We need to focus on the essentials of CrossFit, Metabolic Conditions, Gymnastics, and Weight Training, combined in constant varied high intensity functional movements. The intensity is a state of mind. Some of you have already commented that some days are easier than others. That's because you may already be more skilled at some movements vs others. You may have better cardio respiratory endurance than muscle endurance and so on. 

Let me be the first to tell you that the mind is very weak, especially when it comes to the body's abilities. We've all heard the term, "what the mind perceives, the body achieves"...I strongly disagree. The mind begins to play games with you under stress. It begins to tell you things like, you cant breath, your legs are hurting, your muscles hurt, you need to stop, what are you doing, and so on.  Sometimes life is in your face with physical challenges. You can either choose to let it ruin your day or do something about it. The flip side to that is what I wrote on my wall for Facebook Saturday morning that stated, "what do you really know about yourself, until you have truly tested your limitations? I said, "nothing." CrossFit is one of the few things in life, besides my kids and marriage, that has tested my limitations. Let me give you an example and some of you can relate to this. I had 80 bags of mulch that weighed 40 pound each that need to be put out in my shrubs. I looked at that stack on the pallet and was like I can tackle it like a workout or let beat me for a long day. 41 minutes later I had all 80 bags downloaded AND spread in the beds. Another example is the mats you have been training on. There are 55 of them in there and they weigh a flimsy floppy 80 pounds each. As I backed the trailer down by the bay doors that day I knew it would take a while or I could "WOD" it and be done. For time, I put all 55 out in place 32 minutes later. 

You all have had similar experiences with daily, physical experiences that could ruin your day, from a flat tire to struggling to get the grocery's in without being out of breath. These are things that CrossFit helps us overcome by testing your limitations and developing a mindset that says "yes I can". This is what is needed to become "Rx'd."

I'll leave you with this so it would look like such a long, boring article when you open it, that you are all free by the way to leave your comments or share experiences with everyone here. I've been involved as an instructor for Military and Law Enforcement physical combatives programs in some shape, form or fashion the last 17 years. What I have found is this: People are more limited by attitude, than opportunity. 

I'm hear to help. My counterpart, Rod (Marcos) is here to help too. Our job is not to always tell you what you 'want' to hear, but rather what you 'need' to hear. I will stand by all of you one rep at a time, until you can say "I'm Rx'd"! 

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice read Heath. We all love our comfront zone. Its when we step out of it is when our training really begins. CrossFit helps me reach my limits but only because I allowed it to. Sometimes always being in control can be a bad thing ya know.

I do. Excellent point. You and CrossFit helped get me out of mine. It has done nothing but made me better, unlike all the other programs on the market...

I like it! So very true for all of us. "Life is what we make it" and I choose to be happy, fit & have a positive outlook on things. Thanks for all your help. We couldn't do it without you!
P.s. can you come put my mulch out for me? :)
I'm a mulching "mowsheen" baby!! LOL:) No but I can coach you through your own mulching WOD:) Lol

Madeira barbour jacket outlet,barbour outlet revives me. We arrange our abercrombie fitch,abercrombie and fitch kids future chanel handbags,chanel bags plans lululemon outlet,yoga pants while michael kors,michael kors we nike air max,air max are engaged over the meal. Our return ray ban,ray ban sonnenbrillen to the yacht in nike free,nike free run Lerwick harbor is expected red bottoms,louboutin on the next day at the jordan shoes,jordans latest. As things nike factory,nike shoes are, katespade,kate spade handbags I can only leave ray ban wayfarer,cheap ray ban my companion burberry,burberry sale to go back to the vessel, the north face outlet,north face jackets and relieve ugg,ugg boots the minds michael kors outlet online,michael kors bags of louis vuitton,louis vuitton australia our coach factory outlet online,coach factory outlet friends omega watches,replica watches of louis vuitton,louis vuitton outlet any needless alarm about oakley,gafas oakley me. On replica watches,rolex watches the louis vuitton bags,louis vuitton purses day after, pandora jewellery,pandora I gucci,gucci uk engage cheap oakley,cheap oakley sunglasses to chanel,coco chanel send jordan retro,air jordan retro on coach factory outlet,coach factory board a written report of louis vuitton outlet stores,vuitton handbags the state oakley,oakley of my health, puma,puma online by nike,nike.dk a messenger louboutin,louboutins who chanel outlet,chanel sunglasses can adidas,adidas.se bring new balance,new balance canada my tiffany and co,tiffany jewelry portmanteau polo ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren back with him.

These arrangements decided christian louboutin outlet,louboutin shoes on, softball bats,baseball bats my friend burberry outlet online,burberry sale goes ed hardy,ed hardy clothing away (at michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online my own request) to try his air max 90,nike air max 90 skill michael kors,michael kors canada as an longchamp outlet,long champ angler true religion,true religion jeans in the lake. lululemon,lululemon canada Assisted by the cheap nfl jerseys,nfl jerseys silent Peter michael kors,michael kors and abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie fitch the well-stocked air max,nike air max medicine-chest, air max 2015,air max I new balance shoes,new balance outlet apply nike air max,nike air max thea the necessary dressings pandora charms,pandora canada to my wound, wrap ugg australia,ugg myself nike roshe run,nike roshe in oakley,oakley the hermes birkin,hermes bags comfortable morning-gown swarovski crystal,swarovski jewelry which cheap ray ban,ray ban outlet is always kept huarache,nike huarache ready in the oakley,oakley canada Guests’ Chamber, oakley sunglasses cheap,oakley sunglasses outlet and woolrich clearance,woolrich jackets lie nike free run,nike free 5.0 down again oakley vault,oakley sunglasses on cheap michael kors,michael kors the timberland boots,timberland shoes bed to babyliss,babyliss pro try horloges,rolex the prada sunglasses,prada outlet restorative virtues cheap shoes,boots on sale of tommy hilfiger,hilfiger online shop sleep.

Before ralph lauren,ralph lauren he nike,nike shoes leaves the room, mcm bags,mcm handbags silent Peter goes to the window, and asks air jordans,air jordan in fewest marc jacobs,marc by marc jacobs possible levi's jeans,levis jeans words celine handbags,celine bags if ugg boots,ugg boots outlet he toms.com,toms outlet shall draw ferragamo,salvatore ferragamo the ray ban,rayban curtains. ray ban outlet,ray bans In fewer abercrombie,hollister words abercrombie kids,abercrombie.com still polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outletchristian louboutin,christian louboutin shoes for I louis vuitton outlet online,louis vuitton outlet stores am timberland shoes,timberland outlet feeling thomas sabo,thomas sabo drowsy michael kors purses,michael kors handbags already retro jordans,jordan retronew balance,new balance I burberry outlet,burberry outlet answer No. gucci shoes outlet,gucci mens shoes I dislike eyeglasses online,glasses online shutting out the cheering light nike,nike schuhe of day. bcbg max,bcbg max azria To my morbid fancy, north face,the north face at that moment, it looks kate spade,katespade like burberry uk,burberry handbags resigning bcbg dresses,bcbg max myself michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags deliberately roshe run,nike roshe to air max,nike air max the hollister,abercrombie horrors insanity workout,insanity workout calendar of uggs,uggs on sale a jordan,michael jordan long vuitton handbags,louis vuitton handbags illness. beats by dr dre,beats by dre The jordan release dates,jordan release dates 2015 hand-bell tommy hilfiger,www.tommyhilfiger.nl is northface,north face backpacks on oakley sunglasses outlet,cheap oakley my coach outlet store online,coach outlet store bedside table; and jimmy choo,jimmy choo shoes I can always ring for basketball shoes,cheap basketball shoes Peter if tiffany,tiffany and co the watches,watches canada light keeps me giuseppe shoes,giuseppe zanotti sneakers from sleeping. new balance outlet,new balance On this understanding, louis vuitton canada,louis vuitton Peter nike huarache,air huarache mutely nods nike roshe,roshe run his head, coach black friday,coach outlet online and uggs on sale,ugg boots clearance goes rolex watches,replica watches out.

For some replica handbags,knockoff handbags minutes I wedding dresses,prom dresses lie instyler,instyler ionic styler in lazy ralph lauren,ralph lauren contemplation of tiffany jewelry,tiffany and co the companionable fire. cheap jerseys,cheap nfl jerseys Meanwhile the dressings on my wound and tommy hilfiger,tommy hilfiger outlet the embrocation converse,converse chucks on my sprained roshe runs,roshe run wrist steadily subdue longchamp handbags,longchamp outlet the longchamp,longchamp handbags pains which I beats headphones,beats by dr dre have felt so calvin klein,calvin klein underwear far. Little uhren,fossil uhren by little, pandora,pandora the bright fire seems to be m a c cosmetics,mac makeup fading. bebe dresses,bebe clothing Little by little, cheap ugg boots,ugg sleep steals on me, adidas,adidas canada and toms outlet,toms shoes all bottega,bottega veneta my troubles christian louboutin shoes,louboutin shoes are hermes outlet,hermes forgotten.

I wake, nike air max,air max 2015 after what designer handbags,handbags outlet seems to have been a michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors outlet online long harrods,harrods london repose handbags outlet,purses and handbagstiffany,tiffany und co I wake, feeling the bewilderment gucci belts,gucci handbags which beats by dre headphones,dre beats we coach handbags,coach bags all air max,nike air max experience on opening our eyes true religion jeans,true religion outlet for adidas,adidas superstar the burberry outlet,burberry outlet online first time ray ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses outlet in a bed adidas,adidas superstar and tory burch outlet,tory burch a burberry outlet,burberry outlet store room north face,north face outlet that hogan,hogan are north face outlet,the north face new to gucci outlet,gucci shoes us. swarovski,swarovski jewelry Gradually collecting coach outlet,coach outlet online my thoughts, I adidas shoes,adidas online find tommy hilfiger outlet,tommy hilfiger outlet stores my perplexity considerably increased by a michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet trifling but michael kors australia,michael kors curious circumstance. The mac cosmetics,m a c cosmetics curtains baseball bats,softball bats which mcm handbags,mcm backpack I nike roshe,roshe run had ugg boots,ugg boots forbidden air jordan shoes,jordan shoes Peter to touch are new balance,new balance drawn ralph lauren online shop,ralph lauren — closely ralph lauren,polo ralph drawn, gucci shoes,gucci shoes outlet so as to plunge louis vuitton handbags,louis vuitton bags the whole room eyeglass frames,glasses frames in hair straightener,straightener obscurity. flat iron,chi hair And, cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley vault more surprising iphone cases,iphone case still, a giuseppe zanotti,giuseppe shoes high nike canada,nike store screen with folding michael kors bags,michael kors outlet online sale sides stands michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online before hollister clothing store,hollister kids the fire, and vans,vans schuhe confines the light which ralph lauren outlet online,polo ralph lauren outlet online it pandora uk,pandora charms might coach purses outlet,coach purses outlet online otherwise give exclusively to salomon,salomon schuhe the ceiling. christian louboutin shoes,red bottom shoes I abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie am vans shoes,vans outlet literally yoga pants,lululemon enveloped in air force,nike air force shadows. Has night michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online come?

In pandora jewelry,pandora bracelet lazy michael kors,michael kors taschen wonder, I turn hermes,hermes belt my head on the ray bans,ray-ban sunglasses pillow, and tory burch sandals,tory burch outlet look gucci mens shoes,gucci belts on michael kors,michael kors v?skor the adidas schuhe,adidas online other side rolex watches,rolex watches for sale of my bed.

Dark coach outlet online,coach outlet as nike free 5.0,free running it is, I christian louboutin,christian louboutin shoes discover instantly michaelkors.com,michael kors outlet that I true religion outlet,true religion jeans outlet am not alone.

A juicy couture outlet,juicy couture handbags shadowy figure stands by the north face,north face my ugg,uggs bedside. ugg boots clearance,uggs outlet The converse shoes,converse sneakers dim hollister clothing,hollister clothing store outline tory burch sale,tory burch shoes of juicy couture,juicy couture outlet the dress wedding dresses uk,wedding dresses tells cheap jordans,air jordan shoes me ferragamo shoes,ferragamo that true religion jeans outlet,cheap true religion it uggs outlet,uggs is uggs,ugg the burberry canada,burberry outlet figure of nike,zapatillas nike a cheap nike shoes,nike shoes woman. Straining my eyes, I fancy I can discern a hollister,hollisterco wavy ray ban,rayban black converse,converse shoes object covering prada shoes,prada outlet her head and shoulders nfl jerseys,baseball jerseys which looks ray ban,ray ban zonnebril like gucci handbags,gucci outlet a swarovski,swarovski australia large adidas,adidas superstar veil. ralph lauren outlet,polo ralph Her hollisterco,hollister clothing face pandora,pandora schmuck is turned prada handbags,prada sunglasses toward me, soccer shoes,indoor soccer shoes but burberry handbags,burberry no distinguishing polo outlet,ralph lauren outlet feature in long champ,longchamp it is chanel bags,chanel handbags visible. tory burch,tory burch sale She mont blanc pens,mont blanc stands michael kors outlet online,michael kors handbags like barbour jackets,barbour factory a statue, salvatore ferragamo,ferragamo shoes with her rolex watches for sale,rolex watch hands moncler jackets,moncler mens jackets crossed in polo ralph,ralph lauren outlet online front kate spade outlet,kate spade outlet online of relojes,reloj her, faintly nike air,air max relieved reebok,reebok against tory burch outlet,tory burch the swarovski,swarovski online dark coach outlet store,coach outlet store online substance of her vans,vans shoes dress. michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet online sale This I can hilfiger,tommy hilfiger see north face backpacks,the north face outletmichael kors handbags,michael kors uk and this is all.

There prada,prada is a burberry,burberry online shop moment lululemon canada,yoga pants of silence. The ugg boots,ugg australia shadowy being coach outlet usa,coach outlet finds ugg,ugg boots its michael kors handbags,michael kors purses voice, and nike store,nike shop speaks nike,nike schoenen first.

“I swarovski jewelry,swarovski crystal hope michael kors outlet,michaelkors.com you feel nike free,nike free 5.0 better, thomas sabo,thomas sabo uk sir, after your beats by dre,beats headphones rest?”

The voice moncler outlet,moncler outlet online is nike,nike.se low, ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren with a certain toms shoes outlet,toms.com faint ray-ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses sweetness or the north face,northface tone michael kors,cheap michael kors which nike store,nike outlet falls swarovski canada,swarovski soothingly on longchamp,longchamp taschen my ralph lauren polo,polo ralph lauren outlet ear. The accent is unmistakably oakley sunglasses,oakley sunglasses cheap the michael kors uk,michael kors accent of a ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet online refined and cultivated polo ralph lauren outlet online,ralph lauren factory store person. After lululemon,lululemon australia making my acknowledgments to supra shoes,supra footwear the unknown and tiffany and co,tiffany and co australia half-seen lady, I hilfiger outlet,tommy hilfiger venture louis vuitton outlet,louis vuitton outlet online to ask louis vuitton,louis vuitton taschen the inevitable hilfiger online shop,tommy hilfiger online question, “To hollister,hollister online whom womens clothing,wholesale clothing have abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie kids I the oakley outlet,oakley sunglasses outlet honor asics,asics gel of north face jackets,north face speaking?”

The lady louboutin,christian louboutin answers, “I am Miss gucci,gucci Dunross; and I hope, prada outlet,prada shoes if you nike mercurial,nike mercurial vapor have toms shoes,toms shoes outlet no mizuno running,mizuno wave objection ugg australia,uggaustralia.com to roshe run,nike roshe it, ray ban sunglasses outlet,ray ban wayfarer to help Peter in nursing ralph lauren factory store,ralph lauren polo you.”

p90x workout,p90x

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Heath Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service